I recently hiked a trail near Conifer, Colorado, called the Legault Mountain Trail. I hiked it without trekking poles or ICETrekkers and I ended up falling 4 times, with one being a hard fall that caused my left shoulder to pop.
After that trip, I researched the best trekking poles on the market for hiking and headed over to Amazon and placed my order for Leki Trekking Poles | Micro Vario Carbon.
I have hiked several trails since then that were snow and ice packed and have not fallen since I bought them.
Leki Trekking Poles | Features
- Smallest Pack Size
- Edgeless Thermo Grip
- Lock Security Strap
- Thermal Grip Extension
- Speed Lock 2 (Extremely Fast Adjustment)
- Reduction of Peak Impacts by Approximately 40%
- Trekking Basket 2.0 Compatible Flextip
- Flex Tip Short for the Perfect Grip
Leki Trekking Poles | Personal Experience
The Leki Trekking Poles were the first I have ever purchased or used so it took me a few minutes after opening the package to see how easy it was to lock the poles into place and then I spent 30 minutes watching YouTube videos on how to use the trekking poles correctly.
The Leki Micro Vario Carbon AS trekking poles are beautifully constructed. They area easy to lock into place, quick to adjust and just as fast to break down and put into my pack.
Everyone I have shown these to have been extremely impressed by how lightweight they are and how easy it is to adjust them for different heights and various uses on the trail.
I have heard about problems with poles hat don’t have adjustments or if they do, the locking mechanism has problems after a while. The Leki trekking poles have only 1 locking mechanism and plenty of adjustment at the flick of a lever. I have been very impressed with the solid construction so far.
The strap and strap locking mechanism is easy to use and adjust, and my hands and wrists feel relaxed when hiking.
I researched trekking poles thoroughly before making my purchase and it was obvious they had some great features. After the Leki trekking poles were delivered and after using them on several trails, I couldn’t be more happy with my decision to purchase them.
The only downside is, everyone in my family now wants to use them. I guess I will be buying more of them.
After reading and watching how to properly use Trekking poles, I have taken them out on at least three hikes, and I have not fallen since. I have hiked on gravel, mud, snow and ice and I have had much more confidence on the trail, especially when it comes to hiking in mud and snow.
There have been several hikes where I wanted to hike on the edge of the trail where there was more packed snow and less ice or mud and the trekking poles allowed me to walk on the slope and use the trekking poles to steady myself.
The trekking poles have also been a great help when hiking down steep trails which make my legs feel better after the hike and has helped to me keep from slipping many times.
I use to think that trekking poles were useless and spent 30 years hiking without them, until moving to Colorado. It quickly became abundantly clear that trekking poles were essential here with the steep slopes and when hiking on snow and ice.
Checkout my video of the Leki Trekking Poles on the trail.
The Leki Trekking Poles are lightweight, adjustable and easy to store. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality trekking poles.
- Exclusive AERGON grip features a hollow core construction to save weight and create an edgeless, rounded grip for comfortable gripping at all angles especially for "palming" on steeper terrain. Thermo foam grip material for extra comfort, light weight and insulation in colder weather. Built in 8deg Positive Angle in LEKI grips keeps wrist in neutral position and provides more efficient pole plants.
- Air-textured "no bulk" security strap maintains design dimensions of grip; efficient wicking and fast drying; adjusts and secures strap adjustment without buckles. Extended foam grip for traversing and climbing. SPEEDLOCK 2 lever locking mechanism is simply THE strongest external locking system in the world as rated by TUV, and the only locking systems to meet the minimum holding force recommended by TUV.
- 100% High Modulus Carbon shaft sections for reliable, lightweight performance in all conditions. PE coated, Kevlar reinforced tension cord for long term reliability. ELD (External Locking Device) gives easy access to release the assembly tension of the pole for quick knock down and packing. Maximum tension between shaft sections made possible by internal (serviceable) spring in lower shaft.
- Carbon section ends are protected by machined Aluminum sleeves for extra long wear. Machined Aluminum connectors help to center shaft sections for quick, snag free assembly. LEKI's original Carbide Flextips provide secure hold on all terrain and surfaces for years of adventure; easily replaced in the field.
- Interchangeable basket system allows a variety of different sized LEKI baskets to be easily screwed on/off for different seasons/uses thanks to offset threads that keep the baskets securely in place.
Please leave a Comment Below or send me an Email if you have any questions or opinions about these Leki Trekking Poles.
Return to Home Page
- BEST-SELLING & AWARD-WINNING NATIONAL PARKS GAME: Winner of the MENSA and PARENT'S CHOICE AWARD, check out what our customers have to say in the reviews
- CREATED BY NATIONAL PARKS ENTHUSIASTS: Parents who had traveled to every single National Park worked together with their board game designer son and created a game to inspire others and help families share their love of the National Parks in a fun way
- FUN + EDUCATIONAL: The perfect recipe for a family game night! Appeals to a wide range of people: outdoor lovers, board game players and gift givers. One of the top educational board games for families
- SHARE THE JOY OF THE NATIONAL PARKS: A game that helps share the amazing memories of your visits. While the game is being played, be sure to reminisce about your visits
- SIMPLE, ELEGANT RULES: Easy to understand for older children, teens, families, grandparents, and everyone in between!
- TOUGHER THAN CARBON FIBER - TrailBuddy Trekking Poles' tough aluminum can withstand pressure and impact better than carbon fiber - crucial if hiking on rocky terrain or supporting heavier weight
- LIGHT AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM - Aluminum 7075 hiking sticks weigh up to 4 ounces less than typical 6061 Aluminum common in hiking sticks - making it the perfect gift for an outdoor enthusiast!
- EASIER TO ADJUST THAN TWIST LOCK - Changing the height of these telescoping poles from 24.5 to 54 inches is a breeze even when you're wearing gloves or trekking in wet conditions thanks to its lever-locks
- BUILT FOR YOUR COMFORT - Cork handles are comfy to use in both hot and cold temperatures, are moisture-wicking, and mold to the shape of your hand while the strap is padded to avoid chafing your skin
- GET YOUR COMPLETE SET NOW - Available in beautiful black, blue, red, green, yellow, pink, purple, and aqua colors, these poles also come with a carrying bag, 2 pairs rubber tips , 1 pair connectors, mud baskets, and snow baskets (snow baskets for light snowshoeing only, NOT for skiing)
- Factory sealed DVD
- Damon Redfern (Actor)
- Re:Source Media (Director)
- English (Publication Language)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- Hardcover Book
- Costello, Dave (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 224 Pages - 10/30/2018 (Publication Date) - White Lion Publishing (Publisher)
- Great for Everybody - Our hiking poles are a perfet fit from beginners to experts, children, teens, adults & seniors. Anybody from 3'6" up to 6'4" will have no problem using our poles!
- Comfortable - Ergonomic grips, lightweight aluminum, an extra wide padded wrist strap and an anti shock feature in each poles helps make our hiking poles the most comfortable poles you will use.
- Extras - Each pole comes with 2 rubber tips plus 2 spares (4 tips total), a carbide tip (built into each pole) and 2 mud baskets giving you all the essentials you need to get started hiking today
- Lightweight & Durable - Our poles are made of lightweight 6061 aluminum weighing in at approximately 12.4 ounces per pole (with tips). A very durable yet affordable material for any hiking skill level
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Covered by our 1 year warranty against all defects with friendly USA based support staff. Your satisfaction is our goal and we will not rest until you are happy.