If you’re hiking in the mountains, especially where it snows, you need a great pair of waterproof hiking boots. After a lot of research and trying boots on, I ended up purchasing some Oboz Hiking Boots.
I bought the Oboz Bridger Mid B-Dry waterproof hiking boots.
Favorite Features about the Oboz Bridger
- Improved Arch Support
- Ankle Support
- How they Look
I know these may not be listed on Oboz’s site but these are my favorite things about the Oboz Bridger Mid B-Dry boots.
Oboz Bridger Features
- Excellent Support
- Trail Performance
- Lightweight TPU Forefoot Plate
- B-Dry Waterproofing
- Supportive Heel Cup
- Rubber Toe Guard
- Aggressive Granite Peak Outsole
- Sculpted Mid-Foot
- Generous Forefoot and Toe Box
- Proprietary Insole
I found the Oboz Bridger’s to be more comfortable then any other hiking boot I tried on. I went into the store to purchase a different pair of boots but the staff recommended that I try a lot of boots on to make sure I found the right one for me. It took me more then 1 hour trying on probably 8 different pairs of boots, not counting multiple sizes in each pair, before I knew the Oboz Bridgers were the right pair of waterproof hiking boots for me.
The felt a little stiff initially, but now after hiking on more then 20 trails here in Colorado with them, they are extremely comfortable and I love having them as part of my top items in my hiking gear.
I have been hiking in 20 degree weather, in deep snow, ice, mud, steep terrain and in nice dry conditions and I have been extremely happy with these boots.
On one of my recent hiking trips, I was hiking in snow that varied from 6 inches to about 2 feet and having these Oboz Bridgers along with some great hiking pants, the Kull Silencer Rogues, I never had any snow get into the inside of my boots or pants. I need to add some gaiters and snow shoes to my pack but I was surprised at how well I did in the snow on that hike.
I understand that everyone’s feet are different and we use our boots in different ways and conditions but you should check out these boots if you are a serious hiker or backpacker.
Let me know if you have had any experience with these boots or have another pair you like by leaving a Comment Below or sending me an Email.
Return to Home Page
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis (Actors)
- Chris Miller (Director)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Fixed, decorative bows
- Exposed sheepskin
- Combination sheepskin/faux fur lining and insole
- Thinsulate sockliner
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II boot features Techlite lightweight midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as Omni-Grip advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement.
- HANDY FEATURES: This women's winter boot is crafted of waterproof leather and textile construction and 200g insulation to keep you warm and dry during the worst of weather.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Ice Maiden II winter boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof winter boot delivers a lux, feminine look that's versatile and stylish. Fit tip-it runs true to size. Features seam sealed membrane bootie construction
- This Columbia Women's Ice Maiden II winter boot is lightweight with a waterproof, insulated construction. It's perfect for winter's worst days.
- Sheepskin and faux fur lining
- Thinsulate sockliner
- synthetic leather
- Shaft: 16.5" height, 16" circumference, Inside elastic insert for stretch fit. Shaft height & circumference will vary by size.
- Synthetic sole