Do you feel bad? Go Hiking!
Yesterday I was feeling like I had a slight tickle in my throat, which was most likely congestion of some sort. Other than that I was feeling pretty good.
I woke up at 6 am and was at the trailhead ready for a beautiful hike at 7:45 am. Nothing had changed with my health but the congestion was still there. It wasn’t a full-on cough, but a slight tickle in my throat. At least that’s how I would describe it.
I felt great on the hike but as soon as I climbed into my truck, and turned on the engine, my head started burning up, the same way you would feel if you had a full on fever.
I was burning up and chilled all the way home and all evening. I headed to bed early and didn’t set my alarm as I was hoping some rest would help.
I started sweating around 11 pm and I don’t think I stopped sweating until 3 am. I have learned through life experiences and some advice that sweating at night typically means your fever has broke.
I woke up feeling pretty much back to normal, except for a sore throat.
I decided to get my butt out of bed and head to work. I had to make a quick stop at Lowe’s and I started talking the cashier when checking out and I told here what had happened since my hike yesterday.
She’s the one that told me, “if you feel bad, take a hike.”
I thought that was a cool saying but I have to caution anyone who reads this that doing physical activity while feeling bad or after recovering from an illness, can make your illness worse or cause a relapse.
What I’m mostly referring to here is if you feel down emotionally, or have some congestion or a cold, that doesn’t mean you have to stay inside by a nice warm fire, even though that sounds pretty awesome right about now.
I was following Body for Life many years ago and one of the things Bill Phillips said once was that you don’t have to stop working out just because you have a cold. You may not feel like working out but you don’t have to lie around on the couch or in bed.
I hope no one takes this as medical advice because I am an engineer and not a doctor or nurse, but I believe there is some truth that you can get up and do things but just make sure you are dressed appropriately and don’t exhaust yourself.
I guess the next best thing to do if you’re not feeling well, besides reading a book in front of a fire, is to take a scenic drive and at least see something beautiful.
I would love to hear your thoughts or Comments on this or send me an Email.
Back to Home Page
- Breathable & Cooling: The neck gaiter is made of premium cooling fabrics, touch smooth and lightweight, more suitable for summer, keeping neck and face breathable and cooling. the fabric not easy to wrinkle and can be folded in pocket.
- Ultimate Protection: UPF 50+, the uv face cover provide ultimate protection for sun, avoid to burn face or neck skin when stay outside in summer. Besides, the headwear can be anti dust and windproof when you doing outdoor activities.
- Multifunction Design：you can easy change the ways of wearing, such as neck gaiter, face cover, neck scarf, headband, sweatband, balaclava, and perfect for running, hiking, riding, cycling, fishing and more outdoor sports.
- Great Stretch and Fit: Great elasticity make the neck scarf fit most women and men perfectly. the neck gaiter would be always keep in place and not slide. not too tight or too loose. You can still breathe freely and feel cool while covering your face and neck.
- Multi-colors & Size: We provide 20+ colors to choose, include classic dark colors and bright colors, various colors for women, men, boys and girls. One size ( 17.7inch * 9.7inch) fit most.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and suede bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped hiking boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof hiking boot delivers a style with durability with it's contrasting color combinations and soft suede exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
- √KINDLY NOTE: S fit for 30A 30B 30C 32A 32B ; M fit for 30D 30DD 32C 32D 34A 34B ; L fit for 32DD 34C 34D 34DD 36A 36B 36C; XL fit for 36C 36D 38A 38B 38C
- √[Pads] Padded sport bra with removable pads for convenient adjustment, with a cotton-like material, soft and comfortable to wear. For yoga,exercise,fitness,any type of workout,or everyday use. Lemedy Yoga bra combine fashion,function and performance
- √[Light Support] - Intended to provide Light support for a A/B/C cup.
- √For yoga,exercise,fitness,any type of workout,or everyday use. Lemedy Yoga bra combine fashion,function and performance
- √[Main Fabric] - This Sports bra made with lightweight,moisture-wicking power fabric, 87% polyester, 13% spandex, High elasticity, Comfortable, Breathable
- TOUGHER THAN CARBON FIBER - TrailBuddy Trekking Poles' tough aluminum can withstand pressure and impact better than carbon fiber - crucial if hiking on rocky terrain or supporting heavier weight
- LIGHT AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINUM - Aluminum 7075 hiking sticks weigh up to 4 ounces less than typical 6061 Aluminum common in hiking sticks - making it the perfect gift for an outdoor enthusiast!
- EASIER TO ADJUST THAN TWIST LOCK - Changing the height of these telescoping poles from 25.5 to 54 inches is a breeze even when you're wearing gloves or trekking in wet conditions thanks to its lever-locks
- BUILT FOR YOUR COMFORT - Cork handles are comfy to use in both hot and cold temperatures, are moisture-wicking, and mold to the shape of your hand while the strap is padded to avoid chafing your skin
- GET YOUR COMPLETE SET NOW - Available in beautiful black, blue, red, green, yellow, pink, purple, and aqua colors, these poles also come with a carrying bag, 2 pairs rubber tips , 1 pair connectors, mud baskets, and snow baskets (snow baskets for light snowshoeing only, NOT for skiing)
- Sun Protection --- Stretch-woven fabric build-in UPF 50+ to provide great protection against harmful ultraviolet rays
- YKK Zipper-Closure Pockets --- Deep enough to securely hold your 5.5¡± phones, wallets and keys, ect., and YKK zippers promise extra smoothly and durability
- Adjustable Cord Lock --- The cargo pant features adjustable cord lock around the cuffs to keep bugs out when hiking and make the pants hem freely so that more convenient for sports
- Adjustable Drawstring Waistband --- elastic waistband with drawcord for a snug, adjustable fit. Crafted of a slim fit with soft 4-way stretchy fabric,for ultimate comfort and mobility when being active outside, giving you the freedom to flex.
- OCCASIONS--Hiking Capris Pants is Suitable for Spring, Summer and Autumn. Good choice for outdoor sports,exercises, hiking, camping, hunting, fitness, active, cycling, fishing, Boating,rock climbing, travelling, running, jogging, lounge and home wear